Official Diagnosis.

I stumbled across something interesting a few days ago.

I was sorting through some medical paperwork and I came across a lab order for some blood work that Bronx has to have done before his next endocrinologist appointment.

Listed on it was my son’s official medical diagnosis.

Pituitary Dwarfism.

Basically, his pituitary gland does not produce enough growth hormone and because of this, he doesn’t grow properly.

This isn’t really new information, but the medical terminology is.

And it turns out that, unfortunately, pituitary dwarfism does have a tendency to run in families.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

Not surprising for us, since Daegan seems to be following the same growth pattern as his brother.

That, and his recent initial blood work has shown the same red flags that Bronx originally had.

Which is why I will be spending next Thursday on the pediatric floor of the hospital keeping my little Dae-Dae company as he begins his first round of those awful stim-tests.

Fun stuff.

Related Posts with Thumbnails