Even Weirder Science.

After I took that IntelliGender test and got an unexpected result, I just couldn’t resist the opportunity to confirm it with a second test.

copyright - the suburban princess diaries

Curiosity got the best of me.

That, and my obsession with bathroom-based lab experiments. Oh, and the unbelievable coupon to an online store that I found in my email inbox, which brought the price of the second test down enough that it was just begging me to buy it.

Plus, after the two tests that I took during my last pregnancy turned out to be 100% accurate, I was starting to believe that the test this time around might have some validity.

But…the scientist in me still had doubts. Mainly, because even after a ton of online research, I still have no idea how the darn thing works.

IntelliGender explains it on their blog like this:

IntelliGender's Gender Prediction Test is a simple urine analysis similar to the pregnancy test you took a few weeks ago. It uses first morning urine and a proprietary mix of chemicals which reacts with a combination of hormones to indicate the gender of your baby. It is an easy test to perform and provides quick results in-home so the news can be shared right away.”

Needless to say, it’s a little vague. They don’t state what chemicals mix with which hormones.

And since I can’t figure out how the test works, I reverted back to the scientific method.

I concluded that if I got another girl result, the original result would be somewhat confirmed.

So I tested…

copyright - suburban princess diaries

And apparently, in only four short weeks, IntelliGender has changed it’s mind in regards to the sex of our unborn child.

Just for reference, here is a side-by-side of my first test compared with this one.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

They couldn’t be more different.

I have to admit, I was really shocked. After the results of all my other tests, I was starting to think that maybe this IntelliGender test really had some merit.

I emailed IntelliGender to see what they had to say about the discrepancy between the two tests.

The customer service representative that wrote me back seemed just as confused as I was. She said that it was very rare for an expectant mother to get two different results.

To solve this mystery, they are sending me another test.

And so,  the laboratory saga continues…

Related Posts with Thumbnails