Why I Don’t Want to Know.

Yes. You read that right.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

A huge (and growing) part of me does not want to find out the gender of this baby until I am in the delivery room.

And it’s not for the reason that you might think.

Because despite what IntelliGender has predicted, I still think that there is a very real possibility that we could be having yet another beautiful, bouncing baby boy.

And I am perfectly fine with that.

Even though I already have three little boys, I am genuinely excited to be expecting another addition to our family, regardless of gender.

Unfortunately, it doesn’t seem like anyone else is going to be as unconditionally accepting of this baby as my husband and I are.

Seriously.

It’s still hard for me to believe the way that people are reacting to the news of my pregnancy with our fourth child.

Because whenever we have announced it, the first question out of everyone’s mouth is if we know what we are having.

And when we tell them no, they always tell me that they hope (or they “just know”) that it’s a girl this time.

Which makes me realize that when I do reveal the gender to those who are curious, things are going to go one of two ways.

Either I’m having a girl and it’s going to be one great big party…

Or I’m having a boy and people are going to inevitably say “Oh no! Not another one!”. tell me how sorry they are and give me sympathy.

Like someone died.

And I can’t handle that.

I can’t handle the fact that other people might be disappointed if my baby is the “wrong” gender.

The pressure on me to produce a baby girl this time around is just too ridiculous.

It makes me not want to find out. My anatomy scan is just weeks away and I am fairly certain that I do not want the ultrasound technician to tell me the sex of the baby.

Because if I don’t know, then I don’t have to tell anyone.

And in this situation, ignorance really does seem more like bliss.

Related Posts with Thumbnails