Addictive.

A little over a week and a half ago, I started to suspect that there might just be another little cupcake in my oven.

So, I made my husband go to the dollar store and buy me some pregnancy tests.

I took three of them over the course of a few days. Upon initial inspection, they all appeared to be negative.

But I scrutinized. I held them up under the bathroom light bulbs. I took them apart and studied the paper test strip from every angle.

I even photographed them and inverted the image.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

copyright - suburban princess diaries

Just to make absolutely sure.

And I saw something on each one of them. Something that was nothing more than a shadow really. Something so faint, it was almost like it wasn’t even there.

I figured that because it was practically non-existent that it was probably just an evaporation line.

But then I got to thinking…

What are the chances that all three tests would have evaporation lines?

I had to get a definitive answer. I went out and bought a different brand of tests.

A box of First Response Early Results.

For two reasons.

1) The First Response tests are more sensitive, so if the dollar store tests were picking up remnants of an actual line, it would theoretically be a much clearer, less ambiguous line on the First Response test.

and

2) If the First Response comes up negative, then I would have solid evidence that the dollar store tests were just giving me crappy evap lines.

As hard as it was to resist, I didn’t take the First Response as soon as I brought it home. I wanted to wait until the next day so I could follow that first morning urine rule.

When I woke up the next morning, I was spotting. I figured that I didn’t need to test. The game was clearly over. There was no way I was pregnant.

As I was leaving the bathroom though, I took another glace at the box of tests sitting on the counter.

I decided that I should probably take one, if for no other reason than to prove my evaporation line theory, so I would know if I needed to doubt the reliability of the dollar store tests in the future.

Less than 3 minutes later, I was looking at a BFP.

Once the initial shock wore off, reality started sinking in.

I was worried about all the ominous symptoms I was having, so I (very much against the advice from the lady that writes PeeOnAStick.com) bought tons of tests thinking I could watch the lines get darker to reassure myself that the HCG in my body was in fact, increasing the way that it should over time.

Crazy. I know.

I started out with the dollar store tests. But I ran out of those early on.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

Then I found a great deal online for a pack of 25 test strips so I ordered those.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

Out of the 25, there are only 10 left. I expect the rest will be gone relatively soon.

Soon after that, I got bored and felt like it was time to switch it up. I got a box of generic +/- tests.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

During this POAS frenzy, I also managed to blow through two boxes of First Response Early Results.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

I took a digital too, just to shut up my husband, who swears he doesn’t see a line no matter how dark it is.

copyright - suburban princess diaries

For those of you doing the math on this one, that totals out to 30 home pregnancy tests.

And for the record, I still have an unused First Response, a Clearblue Digital and ten more of those internet cheepies sitting in a drawer.

Which means that the testing insanity may very well continue.

It’s entirely possible that I may need some sort of intervention at this point.

Because clearly, I am an HPT junkie.

Related Posts with Thumbnails