Slight miscalculation?

Guess whose car needs a new paint job, like right now

Uh, Whoops.

But what’s really crazy is the way that the president of Family Radio, Harold Camping, came to the conclusion that May 21, 2011 was the day that this whole Rapture thing was going to go down.

The calculations went something like this, according to MSNBC’s Cosmic Log:

“Saturday supposedly marks 7,000 years since the Noah's Ark flood, and 722,500 days since Jesus' crucifixion. By Camping's numerology, 722,500 represents (5 x 10 x 17) x (5 x 10 x 17), or the square of atonement times completeness times heaven.”

I’m pretty sure that I never learned anything about the square of atonement in any of my mathematics classes.

Thank goodness too. The square roots of actual numbers were overwhelming enough for me.

Because that wacky equation seemed pretty farfetched…I ultimately decided not to hole up in a bunker somewhere safely avoiding the threats of any potential apocalyptic mess.

And since I didn’t see any of this going on…

…I’m pretty sure we’re all safe. For now.

I guess there is still a chance the Mayans got it right.

Anyone want to put their money on December 21, 2012?

Related Posts with Thumbnails