We took Daegan to see a pediatric ophthalmologist last week.
Where he confirmed that Daegan does, in fact, have congenital Ptosis.
Unfortunately, this means that Dr. Google Howser was right.
We have to go back in three months so the doctor can determine if the condition is affecting his vision. If it is, my poor little baby will probably have surgery before summer’s end.
If it isn’t affecting his vision, the doctor informed us that the operation will be delayed until just before he enters kindergarten.
Which would then mean that my poor little baby would have to walk around looking milk drunk for the next five years.
As awful as it sounds, I’m hoping that they find a reason to do this sooner rather than later.
I would just hate to have to prolong the inevitable.