Just another bitchy post.

The past week and a half has been nothing but a total disaster.

Excuse me while I take a moment to bitch about it.

Last Monday, about an hour after I had dropped Kamryn off at preschool (the nice one, not the gangsta one) I got a phone call from his teacher asking if I could please come pick him up.

The poor kid had pink eye.

And that’s when the shitstorm began.

That same morning, as I was leaving the doctor’s office with a script for eye drops,  I discovered a small, but nonetheless still annoying dent on the back bumper of our barely year-old van.

A dent that, while small, had actually cracked the paint.

Which means that some asshole decided to damage my vehicle and not bother to leave a note. Jerkwad.

A few days later, Kamryn’s pink eye started to get better, just in time for his other eye to become infected.

The day after that, Bronx caught it in both eyes.

Then the weekend came, and both the boys and myself ended up sick.

Bronx and I have gotten the worst of it.

And I got pink eye. In both eyes.

The past four days have been awful. I can’t keep anything down, I am so congested my head feels like it’s going to explode and I can’t sleep. Even with sleep aids.

I am such a mess.

To make matters worse, Sunday night I ran to the bathroom to throw up and didn’t realize I was still holding my fairly new, still under warranty iPod touch.

When I got to the toilet, I started coughing. The iPod flew out of my hand and directly into the crapper.

By some small stroke of luck, the water was clean when it went in.

I pulled it back out within seconds (even though just sticking my hand in clean toilet water freaks the germaphobe within me out) and I dried it off.

It was still on, but the screen was fuzzy and the colors were starting to do some crazy things, so I shut it off and stuck it in a bag of rice.

I’ve heard of people doing this before, even though I have never heard any solid proof that it actually works.

But here we are, 48 hours later, and I have turned it back on.

And even though there is still some water trapped under the screen, the thing still works. Even the backlight, the touch screen, and the audio.

I think it must be a Christmas miracle.

Although, I don’t want to jinx it, so I’ve shut it back down and stuck it back in the rice.

I’m not booting it up again until the weekend. I figure all the water under the screen should be gone by then.

Oh, and I almost forgot. My best friend found out what she’s having today (she’s due three months after me).

Yep, you guessed it. A girl.

Seriously. Everyone.

It’s starting to get a little bit annoying.

So, now I have to try to go back to bed to get rid of this beast of a sickness that has befallen me.

Because the kid has preschool tomorrow and I have another PIO injection waiting for me at the doctor’s office.

And, damn it, I can’t even take my beloved Nyquil.

I’m pretty sure the universe hates me right now.

Related Posts with Thumbnails