Gangsta Preschool.

Yesterday was Kamryn’s last day of afternoon preschool through the local high school’s child development program.

It couldn’t have come soon enough.

This was, after all, the same preschool where the infamous biting incident occurred.

The same biting incident that I wasn’t notified of. The one where my three year-old son had to tell me what happened and then I had to confront the teacher.

I swear, if my brother-in-law hadn’t been one of the students involved in teaching the preschoolers in the program, I would have pulled Kamryn out. That day.

And just to clarify, said brother-in-law was not there the day of the biting incident, unfortunately.

The “biter” was kicked out of the program immediately following the incident. Apparently, the child had some sort of behavioral problems that the school had not been made aware of prior to the start of the program.

Little did I know, the “biter” was not the only problem with that place.

Right before the preschool ended, I was informed by my brother-in-law that earlier in the week, a four-year old had come to class with a pocket knife.

Let me remind you that this is at a high school, where I   should be worried about what the teenagers are bringing to class.

Not the four-year olds.

One of the high school girls who is in charge of “teaching” the little kids caught the boy taking the knife out of his pocket and she asked her teacher what she should do.

This is that same flaky lady that didn’t have the common sense to tell me my son had been bitten by another kid. So, I wasn’t surprised to hear that she told the girl to tell the little boy to put the knife back in his pocket and not take it out again.

How this woman got a job as an educator is beyond me. Clearly, she’s a moron.

So, I went to the next class with Kamryn and sat in the observation room the entire time. About halfway through, I asked the instructor about the knife incident.

She stared at me in shock for a moment, so I am under the impression that she didn’t notify any of the parents of this incident for a reason. In fact, I’m pretty sure that I am the only parent in the entire class that knows anything about what happened in that classroom for the last nine weeks because I had a spy of sorts hanging out in there for me.

I can only guess that she kept the parents out of the loop because she was afraid that the information might somehow get her into trouble.

I was the only one who got word of the knife incident.

After she got over the initial shock, she started to laugh.

And then she proceeded to tell me her version of what happened, chuckling throughout, like it was a really funny story.

Oddly enough, I don’t find children who are barely out of diapers toting around dangerous weapons to be even remotely humorous.

Especially when they are doing so in the same room as my son.

She explained that the knife was discovered before the class officially started and that she confiscated the contraband, telling the child that pocket knives are not allowed at school.

Call me crazy, but I had a hard time believing her.

Mostly because she hasn’t been very forthcoming in the past.

She even threw in some snide remark about how the next class lesson plan would be about handguns.

Hilarious.

Even worse, apparently when the boy was picked up and his mother was informed about the incident, she scolded him and said, “I told you to keep that in your pocket.”

Which means his mother sent him to preschool knowing fully well that he was packing.

I shudder to think what kind of home life that kid has.

Even though Kamryn is done with the program, I am still thinking about writing a letter to the school’s administration because I’m pretty sure that preschool needs a new teacher.

Maybe I should recommend someone who has experience in classrooms turned war-zones.

Maybe Michelle Pfeiffer.

Related Posts with Thumbnails