I Write the Blogs.

I want to write the blogs that make the whole world read. However, there are things that I just hate about blogging and I avoid them. Like the plague. What I have to say next may excommunicate me from the majority of the blogger world, but I refuse to be a bloggy sell-out.

Here is a list of things that this mommy blogger will NEVER do.

1) Those stupid follow things that require a post about said stupid follow thingy. I have done these before, but I can only do so many boring-ass posts welcoming people to the site and generalizing what this whole piece of fabulous internet space is all about. And explaining my everlasting love for Phil Collins. These things don’t even generate a noteworthy amount of followers, which means it’s more trouble than it’s worth. And I have issues with people requiring me to write up a post about their blog hop just so I can be on their McLinky. It’s my blog and I’ll write what I want to. So even if I never get any more followers than I have right now, it’s okay. My readers are awesome and I like how elite of a group they are. That said, my blogwhore days are over.

2) Memes. I don’t even know what meme stands for and I don’t want anyone to explain it to me. I don’t care. All I know about memes are that they are freaking annoying and redundant. Every Thursday is Wacky Tacky Thursday on your blog? I think that means I’ll skip reading that day of week. I understand that these things are designed to help overcome writer’s block for people who can’t figure out what to post about every day. I have a much simpler solution. Do what I do. If I don’t have anything to talk about on a particular day, I just don’t post. It’s that easy. So please, skip the Paper Clip Ponderings hosted by Wickedly Wonderful Wendy every Sunday and I’ll stop skipping over you in Google Reader.

While I will never do the above mentioned blog acts, I understand that other people thoroughly enjoy participating in this crap and I would never want to dictate the content of someone else’s blog. It’s just not my cup of tea.

At least you can have the piece of mind knowing that you’ll never have to endure that kind of shit stuff here.

*And if you are still following me (or decide to start following me) after reading this post, you are as awesome as I said you were in #1.

n30824709_36647557_2795

Let’s keep the funky fresh.

Related Posts with Thumbnails