Like a Hammer, to my Head

After years of putting it off, I finally decided to go to the doctor for a checkup. I needed to address some issues. For instance, I started running again so I needed an inhaler to help with my exercise-induced asthma.

That wasn’t the only reason I went though.

I have been having headaches for a long time. Bad ones. A few years ago I even went to the ER for the mother of all migraines.

Lately, my headaches have gotten more frequent and more severe. A few nights ago, I was hit with one that made me unbearably nauseous, and I ended up throwing up for about a half hour.

Normally, I wouldn’t be freaking out about this. However, my family has a freaky history of brain aneurysms. It has happened a few times and all to people on my dad’s side of the family who were in their early 30’s. I have been warned on more than one occasion that I need to get checked out when I hit the big 3-0.

I am still a few years shy of my thirtieth birthday, but the scary medical history and the sudden progression of my symptoms have got me more than just a little worried. It probably isn’t anything more than just some especially nasty headaches, but I can’t ignore it on the small chance that it could be something serious.

I had my blood drawn two days ago in preparation for an upcoming MRA tomorrow. Here’s hoping that it’s nothing to be concerned about.

In the meantime, I have been busy today getting my oldest son into the ER for a CT scan after he fell and cracked his head on the hard locker room floor at our local gym. Immediately after the fall, he projectile vomited all over me and himself. That warranted a no-expense paid trip to the local hospital and after almost three hours and a tremendous amount of crying, we found out that the little man’s noggin was perfectly fine. Thank goodness.

One scan down, one to go.

Related Posts with Thumbnails