This planet would be great, if it weren't for all the stupid humans.

If you haven't guessed already, I'm not a big fan of people. Don't take this the wrong way. I am, like the rest of mankind, a biologically social creature. And on an individual, case-by-case basis, I have been known to like a person or two. Heck, there are even some I actually love.

So why am I such an overall homosapien hater? Ah, let me count the reasons why the general population annoys me.



1. They can't just mind their own beeswax. If they could, I'd never have to hear about how "full" my hands are. Oh, wait. I think I wrote a post already about how much crap I have to endure from total strangers when I am out in public. It's insulting. What's even worse, is that I actually got a comment from a reader on that post, trying to put me in my place. Well, here's the thing. This is my blog, and I'll bitch about whatever topic of my choosing on here. If you don't like it - then write your own post about it on your own blog. That said, feel free to leave any comment you wish on any of my posts, (Being an ex-journalist, I would never advocate censorship) just don't be surprised if I talk about your asinine comments in a subsequent post.

2. Hollywood.  Our culture has become obsessed with celebrities in a way that I will never understand. What's even more puzzling is how some of these people even got to be celebrities in the first place. Some people get their own reality show just because they like to make lots of babies. Others just look pretty and act stupid. The talent pool has been dry for quite some time, so we're stuck with Jon & Kate, Heidi & Spencer and those losers from the Jersey Shore. Even screenwriters are tapped out of original concepts, so the theaters are showing remakes of movies that shouldn't have been made the first time around. And these people make obscene amounts of money for their worthless contributions to society, while school teachers live paycheck to paycheck.

This is why turning my television into a fish tank isn't sounding like such a bad idea anymore.

3. Everything else. It really is the little things that irrate me, like the time I was 8 months pregnant and no one would offer me their seat on a crowded city bus, or the fast-food employees that can never get my order right.  Hell, it even bothers me when people can't write in correct English on Facebook. This list could go on forever. But, I don't have that kind of time. People that do have that kind of time annoy me too.

It may seem that in my mad ravings about how much I despise humanity, I have forgotten that there are some decent human beings left. I haven't. Thank goodness that there are some of you still out there.
Related Posts with Thumbnails