Blood Troubles.



I got a phone call this morning from my doctor's office about the results from Wednesday's tests, and it isn't so good. I was expecting everything to come back normal, because it usually does. This time, it didn't. The nurse told me that my CBC test came back low. This means that I have lower than normal hemogloblin levels, so they are putting me on some sort of medication for that immediately. From what I have Googled so far, this means that I'm anemic. Maybe that explains why I'm always so wiped out and dizzy.

Oh, but that's not all. The nurse went on to tell me that my glucose screen didn't go so well either. A normal 1-hour screen should be at about 135, and I had a 190. The nurse told me that I should be concerned about gestational diabetes at this point. So, now I have an appointment later on today at the hospital's diabetic couseling center to meet with a nurse and a nutritionist to try to help manage my blood sugar levels. What a mess.

I'll post more after my appointment today. Hopefully then I'll have a better idea of what the heck is going on with all of this.
Related Posts with Thumbnails